Basic Flax Cracker Recipe
2 cups Whole Golden Flax
4 cups Water
1 cup Whole Golden Flax, ground
1. Soak 2 cups of whole flax seeds in water for 8-12 hours. Do no rinse or drain.
2. Add soaked flax & ground flax meal into mixing bowl & mix until well combined.
3. Transfer the mixture onto a Paraflexx lined Excalibur dehydrator tray. Approximately 2 cups per tray.
4. Spread batter evenly onto tray & score the crackers into the desired shapes.
5. Dehydrate at 145ºF for the first 2 hours then lower the temperature to 105ºF for another 10 hours.
6. Flip the crackers onto the mesh pollyscreens, and continue to dehydrate for another 20-24 hours. Or until dry & crisp.
7. Allow crackers to cool completely, store in an air tight container for up to 2 months.
- Tags: Chips & Crackers
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin