Berry Cream Pie
1/2 cup Dried strawberry slices
1/4 cup Dried blueberries
1 envelope (¼ oz.) Unflavored gelatin powde
1/2 cup Confectioner's (icing) sugar, sifted
Steamer basket or heatproof sieve
1 cup Dried raspberries
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cups Whipping cream (35%)
1 9-inch Pie crust, baked and cooled
1. In a saucepan, combine strawberries and ¾ cup water; let stand for 15 minutes or until slightly softened
2. Meanwhile, in steamer basket set over another saucepan of simmering water, steam blueberries and raspberries, covered, for about 5 minutes or until plump and soft. Let cool.
3. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over medium heat just until simmering and strawberries are soft. Reduce heat to low, stir in gelatin mixture and heat, stirring, for about 1 minute or just until gelatin has dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Stir in blueberries, raspberries and vanilla.
4. In a chilled bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar and whip until firm peaks form. Fold one-quarter of the whipped cream into the berry mixture. Fold berry mixture into the remaining cream just until blended. Spread into pie crust, decoratively swirling top.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until filling is set, or for up to 8 hours.
- Tags: Desserts
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin