Cinnamon Apple Ornaments
4 hrs 30 mins
4 1/2 oz. Cinnamon (two bottles)
3/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
String or ornament hooks
1. Mix cinnamon and applesauce together in a medium bowl until dough forms.
2. Divide the dough in half.
3. With a rolling pin, roll each half of the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Desired thickness is 1/8-1/4 inch.
4. Remove top layer of parchment paper.
5. Using approx 3" cookie cutters, cut out your desired ornament shapes.
6. Knead together any scraps of dough. Repeat rolling and cutting out shapes until dough is gone.
7. Take a wood skewer and careful poke a hole through the top of each ornament.
8. Place the ornaments on an Excalibur Dehydrator tray.
9. Dry at 140° F for 4-7 hours or until completely dry. Let cool.
10. Optional: Decorate the ornaments with craft paint or puffy paint. Place the decorated ornaments back into your Excalibur Dehydrator for 1-2 hours at 125° to dry the paint completely.
11. To hang ornaments, loop string or ornament hooks through the holes in the top of the ornaments.
12. When not in use, store ornaments in an airtight container or bag to preserve the cinnamon apple scent.
- Tags: Arts & Crafts
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin