Dehydrated Split Pea Soup
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups chopped Carrots
1/2 tbsp minced Garlic
1 cup Green Split Peas
1 1/2 tsp salt-free Seasoning Blend
2 cups chopped Onion
2 cups finely chopped Celery
1 cup Yellow Split Peas
8 cups fat-free Chicken Broth
1 tsp Salt
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil
2. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent
3. Stir in yellow and green split peas, broth, seasoning and salt
4. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2 1/2 hours, stirring frequently
5. Puree with your Omega® blender. Return to pot, heat through, and serve.
1. Thinly spread soup onto your Paraflexx® lined Excalibur Dehydrator trays. Dry at 125ºF for 6-8 hours.
2. It will separate and crumble as it dries, and by the time it is done, it will be more powdery than not
3. Then place into a food processor and process into a fine powder. Store in mylar food bags.
1. Place your soup in a bowl. Then add boiling water. It is ready to eat after a 3-5 minutes of soaking.
- Tags: Meat
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin