5 cups Milk
2 tbsp plain Yogurt
2-4 tbsp Honey
1/2 cup powdered Milk
1 1/4 cups dried strawberries, raspberries, peaches, bananas, or any other favorite fruit
1. Add the 1/2 cup powdered milk to 4 cups of milk and heat to boiling for a few seconds. The powdered milk gives the yogurt a creamier texture.
2. Allow the milk to cool to 120°F; then take 1/4 cup of the mixture and stir in the 2 tbsp of plain yogurt.
3. When it is thick and sauce-like, pour it into the remaining milk and mix well
4. Spoon the yogurt into clean glass jars that have lids or into plastic yogurt cups
5. Place the containers on the bottom of the dehydrator, set the temperature for 115°F, and heat for 3 hours.Using a higher temperature would destroy the yogurt culture
6. If the yogurt has set, cool it. If not, continue to check the batch every 15 minutes until it does. After the finished yogurt has cooled, add the fruit or flavoring before placing it in the refrigerator
7. Frozen Yogurt: Blend dried fruit with 1 cup of milk in blender. Add 1 cup homemade yogurt and honey. Pour into freezer container. Freeze until crystal form around edges. Stir. Freeze until firm. 4 servings.
- Tags: Fruit & Fruit Leathers
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin