Great Beef Jerky by Gary
10 lbs Beef eye of round or rump roas
1 bottle Allegro hickory smoke marinade
1 bottle Allegro hot and spicy marinade
1. Trim fat from beef and slice into strips.
2. Put beef in a stainless steel or glass container.
3. Pour marinades over beef and mix thoroughly.
4. Cover container with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator at least overnight, stirring occasionally. (The longer the meat soaks in the marinade, the spicer it will get.)
5. Remove meat from refrigerator and place strips on dehydrator trays in single layer and not overlapping.
6. Discard marinade and dehydrate meat to a point where it will crack but not break. (I like mine just a little dryer than this.)
7. Allow to cool completely and vacuum pack in bags. Will last for a couple of months as long as the bags maintain their vacuum. Otherwise, store in refrigerator.
- Tags: Jerky
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin