1. Wash the jalapeños in cool water. Then pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. Cut stems off the peppers with a sharp knife.
3. Next cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and discard them.
4. Lay peppers in a single layer on your Excalibur® dehydrator tray with the cut side facing up. The peppers should not touch each other.
5. Dry at 90ºF for 24 hours, or until they snap in half when you bend them.
6. Pulse peppers in a blender or food processor to pulverize the dried peppers.
7. Continue until the peppers are blended into a powder. Pour the powder into a mason jar and store.
- Tags: Powders & Seasonings
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin