6 cups 1/2 inch sliced Dried Potatoes
4 tbsp Oil
1/2 cup crumbled Bacon (optional)
1 pinch Salt to taste
1/4 cup chopped Dried Green Onion
1/4 cup Dried Onions
1/4 cup Dried Red Peppers
1/8 tsp fresh ground Black Pepper
1. Dehydrate sliced potatoes, onions, and red peppers at 125 degrees F for 8-10 hours or until dry in an Excalibur® dehydrator.
2. Add potatoes to boiling salted water. Cover. Bring quickly to a boil; reduce heat; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
3. Rehydrate onions and pepper, letting stand about 20 minutes, then drain. In a skillet, over medium heat add oil.
4. Cook potatoes, onions and pepper until crisp and golden brown. Add crumbled bacon, season with salt and pepper.
- Tags: Entrees & Casseroles
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin