Sweet Potato Chicken Pet Bites
1 lb lean ground chicken
1/2 cup Water
2 cups cubed sweet potato
1. In large skillet, over medium heat, cook chicken, breaking up with a spoon, until it starts to release liquid. Stir in sweet potato and water. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft and chicken is no longer pink. Remove lid, increase heat to medium-high and boil until excess liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a shallow dish and let cool completely.
2. In a food processor, puree chicken mixture until very smooth.
3. Scoop out level teaspoonfuls of chicken mixture for small snacks or rounded teaspoonfuls for large snacks and roll into a ball. With moistened fingers, press into a rounded rectangle about 1/4 inch apart on mesh drying trays. Repeat with the remaining mixture, dipping your fingers in water often to prevent sticking.
4. Dry at 155°F for about 5 to 7 hours or until crisp and dry throughout. Let cool completely on trays or on wire racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or refrigerate for up to 3 months.
- Tags: Pet Treats
- Excalibur Dehydrator Admin